I've been working on this meme for 3 days now, and it's finally finished.
*Note: I have to tell you that most of the character designs may/may not look like the ones in the movie. So don't be too harsh that they look like they look like the way I would/did design them.
1. Myself all Seuss-ified
2. These characters are my favorite ones for many reasons:
*Once-Ler- I don't just like him for the same reasons as his fangirls do.
I also like him for his likable personality, funny facial expressions, and he is one of the more developed characters
*The Lorax- I like he's funny attitude and fatherly-personality. Plus I loved Danny DiVeto's performance on his voice, and he reminds so much of Phil from Disney's "Hercules"
*Rufus & Pipsqueak- Out of all of the bar-ba-loots, my favorite ones are Pipsqueak and Rufus (the fat bar-ba-loot). Pip is so adorable
, and Rufus is just like Gus the mouse from Disney's "Cinderella."
*Bill the Swamee Swan cygnet- Bill is basically like Derpy Hooves (from MLP: FiM), a background character that is cross-eyed, simple, and adorably funny.
For those think he's stupid, I would NEVER call him that, because later in the film we meet two even-more-dumber animals (Bret and Chet).
*The Humming Fish Trio: Dore`mi, Faso, and LaTido- Move over Chipmunks!
*Honorable mentions: Melvin the Mule and Audrey
3. The characters I'm not too fond of are Once-Ler's family [especially Aunt Grizzilda and Prissy (Oncie's mother) ], and O' Hare.
I gave Oncie's mom the name "Prissy," and O' Hare the name "Cledus" because all animators and character designers give their characters names, whether they are minor or characters we love to hate.
*I mostly dislike Prissy and Grizzilda because they are just like Dumbo's snooty aunts: Stuck-up, love to gossip and pick on the "black-sheep" of the family, selfish, and only care for those who are just like them.
In fact, I named Oncie's mom after one of those elephants (and that would be the sassy one that wears the green and blue head-dress).
*As for O' Hare, I tried to think one of the most dorkiest names ever for him.
And I said I would kick that guy wear the sun-don't-shine, and I did in that sketch.
4. That scene/clip wanted me to cuddle both of these guys!
5. It funny how they got all of these cards laid out, but yet they don't know which game they are playing.
While Bill is just hungry, and I loved LaTido's expression after Bill ate of his cards.
6. Hasn't anyone ever noticed that there are no male Swamee Swans (except for Bill), female Humming Fish, or even female bar-ba-loots? So I designed some.
Blaze- Like all male birds, male Swamee Swans have more beautiful and rich colors than the females. So when the male Swamee Swans get older, they molt their orange juvenile feathers for adult scarlet ones, their tails become elegantly longer with the color dark-red, and have a black stripe between their eyes. So that means when Bill gets older, he'll grow-up to look like that.
Posey & Leah: I picture female bar-ba-loots and humming fish to have lighter colors than the males.
For humming fish, the females are yellow with orange fins, like Leah here.
And female bar-ba-loots to be a light shade of brown, just like Posey (isn't she cute ? ^^)
7. Those are my two favorite songs in the whole entire film, along with "This Is The Place."
And this is the first time I drew the Once-Ler in his green Greed-Ler suit.
8. I've noticed that the Truffula trees only come in colors of a sunset (orange, pink, purple, yellow, and red). I would like to see some that are in blue or green.
Than the Truffula forest would be known as the Rainbow Forest.
9. Another question I'd like to bring up, if the Truffula trees come in five different colors, than how come when they are turned into Thneeds they turn out pink?
10. I'm not much of a fashion-nista or shopaholic, but if fluffy Thneed-like skirts exist, they would be the cutest pieces of clothing ever invented since Daisy Duke shorts.^^
Despite what the Lorax is thinking (>///<), at least he is honest, while still thinking that Grizzilda is a man
(though the thought of seeing Grizzilda naked would haunt any guys' nightmares until they bleach out their brains).
Blank version: [link]
Lorax characters belong to Dr. Seuss, Illumination Entertainment, and Universal
Meme base belongs to
Drawings, coloring, shading, and ink by me.