I was gonna wait until Father's Day to submit it, but I couldn't wait that longer.
So here is my list of 10 (actually 11 for a tie) animated fathers that I think are the best.
10. Son Goku (Dragonball Saga): I'm not much of a major fan of the series, but I still watch the "Dragonball" series because my cousin Terry was a fan of the show, and nothing else was on TV.
But I still think that Goku is a great father character. Sure he's clue-less at times, but at least he ain't care-less toward his family.
9. Marsupilami: Most male characters when they become fathers, they usually lose their fun-loving personalities and become very strict, but Mars on the other hand, is not like that.
Sure he has a wife (that is just as cute as he is), and three adorable kids to support, but he still has his personality that made him so lovable in the first place.
So Mars is both fun and protective.
8. Lord Death (Soul Eater): Who knew that the keeper of the Underword who we all fear, could make such a loving father? And actually could make himself, less frightening.
But what I find so funny is that Lord Death is actually more lose and care-free than his son. So while Kid worries too much about not succeeding, Lord Death isn't all that disappointed at him at all.
Though that still doesn't mean we shouldn't make him so mad, because I'd hate to see what he'll do to guy if he catches him eye-balling or touching his wife.
7. Sylvester (Looney Tunes): In reality, male cats usually hate other male cats, not even kitten ones. But Sylvester prove that theory wrong.
Because while he's not trying to eat Tweety, he's taking care of his son, Sylvester Jr. And he tries he's best to make his son proud of him, even if he fails to catch a mouse.
6. Sylth Vester (Loonatics Unleashed): Even though in the cartoon they never show Sylth's past and his reason being a villain (though I don't think he really is), but since the other half of his character is based off of Darth Vader from "Star Wars," it actually gives away on what Sylth is hiding from the Loonatics that only Tweetums knows.
If going through all of those traps Tweetums built, or even willing to give-up his well to become a villain just to save his kingdom and revive his family doesn't make him a great father, than what does?
5. Goofy (Disney): In Disney, even the most un-brightest of characters make the best parents.
Sure, Goofy isn't the sharpest pencil and he accidentally embarrasses Max, but at least he still cares and worries about Max no matter how old he gets (unlike my old man
4. Bowser (Super Mario Bros. ): I know we should hate this character because he keeps stealing the character's girl away, but Bowser is just too hard not to like.
At most points, i always root for him to win over Mario.
Plus, with him being a single father of eight kids, it makes me wonder why he doesn't get is know sitcom with them.
In fact, in one issue of Nintendo Power, a lot of people voted Bowser to be the nest video-game villain to have his own spin-off video game.
3. Mr. Ping (Kung Fu Panda 1 & 2): Another good example of a goofy character being a great parent.
Especially in the squeal, Mr. Ping should the side that makes him such a fantastic foster-father to Po.
And the moments between these two really made me shed a tear.
It's a shame, how in the TV series they got rid of that trait from Ping, and made him annoying and started dating that wicked old harpy, Lady Scorpion.
2. (tie) Mayor Ned McDodd & Horton the Elephant (HHaW): I know I'm adding HHaW characters on my memes, but I have to admit that the movie had lots of likable characters (even though Sour Kangaroo is such a strict-figure and Katie is point-less).
For Ned, is amazing how much this guy manages to balance his work and his family at the same time.Plus he still remembers every name of his kids, his works, and his wife, so that's not a problem to worry about.
And for Horton being on the list, the 2008 film and in "Horton Hatches the Egg," it really shows that Horton makes a good father.
Plus, another thing why I like both of these characters very well is that Jim Carry and Steve Carell really broth these two to life with lovable personalities and laughter.^^
And the best animated dad (in my opinion) is....
1. The Cat in the Hat: Who else would be a perfect father than the guy who taught us how to rhyme, read, do math, life, and how to have fun.
Ever since we all went to Preschool and Kindergarten, we wanted Cat to be both our father and our teacher, and his son, Junior, is lucky to have such a dad we all wanted.
P.S. Cat is NOT a pedophile, you sick-weirdos!
Characters belong to their creators and studios.
Meme base belongs to